The review procedure considers the recommendations of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in accordance with the principles of ethics and morality in science. The papers published in the journal “Translations of Slavic Literatures” („Przekłady Literatur Słowiańskich”) are reviewed as both separate works and those which are part of the whole volume, i.e. closed proposition. Therefore, the following procedure applies:
1. Qualification for review by the editorial staff of “Translations of Slavic Literatures” („Przekłady Literatur Słowiańskich”) on the basis of the established requirements: a volume not exceeding an author’s sheet; two summaries (in English and in the Slavic language, the literature and culture of which the text concerns), each of which must not exceed 500 characters with spaces; keywords in Polish and English (5 words); an abstract preceding the text (5-6 lines) with an affiliation (university, faculty, institute or department and electronic address), a brief biographic note about the author, along with his/her contact address and telephone number (the personal details are intended exclusively for Editorial Staff and Publishing House) and an attached index of authors’ names and one of translators’ names at the end (separately).
2. For the evaluation of each paper, at least two independent Polish and/or foreign reviewers are appointed outside of the editorial staff and outside of the center issuing the publication and outside of the center the Author originates from. They are specialists in the field of the presented subjects.
3. Reviews adhere to the model referred to as ‘double-blind review process’. Thus, they are anonymous, so the reviewers and authors do not know one another’s names.
4. Papers are identified be means of a reference number given to them by the Editorial Staff.
5. Reviewers are approved of by the Publishing Council of the Publishing House of the University of Silesia (Rada Wydawnicza Wydawnictwa Uniwersytetu Śląskiego).
6. The review should include an evaluation of the proposed volume and its contribution to the research in the field of the subject matter and an evaluation of individual papers according to the template, i.e. the review form (downloadable) from the website of the journal “Translations of Slavic Literatures” (“Przekłady Literatur Słowiańskich”) – www.pls.us.edu.pl)
7. The final decision regarding the acceptance for publication or rejection of a paper rests with the Editor-in-Chief following his/her consultation with the Associate Editor. By agreeing to have his/her text printed in “Przekłady Literatur Słowiańskich”, the author agrees at the same time to have his/her text published online (in the electronic version), although the basic publication version is a printed one.
8. The editorial staff make public the list of reviewers cooperating with “Przekłady Literatur Słowiańskich” in the final part of the volume as well as on the website of the journal. The review rules began to be supplemented in volume 4 of “Translations of Slavic Literatures” (“Przekłady Literatur Słowiańskich”) and their latest updates were added in volume 6.